01.11.10

Thinking of Warmer Times…

Posted in Main, Mind Wanderings, outings, Sharing the Handmade Love at 12:19 pm by carrie

Brrrrr!!!!

There’s a cold snap here in North Carolina. It’s been in the TEENS at night… 17, 19… and in the 30’s during the day. I’ve now discovered what wearing “layers” is all about. The flip flops have been retired to the summer wardrobe box and I’ve been frequenting the weather.com application on my iphone constantly. Thank you Los Angeles for being so predictable because now I know what I’m missing ;)

Longing for the warmer climate and being cooped up inside, I stumbled across several pictures from a summer show we participated in back in 2004ish (I think). Ahhh, the 10’x10′ booth on Honolulu Avenue in Montrose… in June. And we’d complain about that “June Gloom” and the 60-70 degree overcast weather it brought… I wouldn’t mind a little of that right now!

Even Meg got to meet other fans of the street fair!

It’s fun to see these pictures… see what we used to make and how we used to display our wares. The garden sign used to be a huge staple at the store and in the booth… feeling inspired to make more outdoorsy products because I would much rather be hanging out in a garden than stuck in the house!

If you are running around LA in short sleeves and open-toed shoes, say a little thank you and remember everyone on the East Coast (Florida, too!)… we’re going stir crazy! hehe!

1. Graycee said,

January 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I agree, it’s too cold there for you . . . you need sun and warmth . . . come on back!!! (You’re gonna get frostbite or something over there!)

2. Terrie said,

January 12, 2010 at 7:08 am

Aw, those pictures are sweet. I especially noticed the tea cup sign and need to look into getting one of those for my daughters tea party in April! lol. Anyway, I was also wondering if you’d be interested in a link exchange? I recently started a blog to help me with crafts and motherhood and so forth.
    Let me know :)

3. Joanne said,

January 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Love these pictures! The closest thing we’ve found to Violets Are Blue is Lulu Maes in old town……but not the same :-( We’re just making do. Hope you’re far from that chemical spell in NC I heard about this morning!

4. Rachel said,

January 13, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Great pics! Oh how I miss SoCal too!!

5. Babs said,

January 15, 2010 at 11:55 pm

I love looking at those teacup signs and wonder where they are hanging now and if the “cottage garden” signs are still in people’s gardens…and who is wearing your beautiful jewelry?

Hey …wanna come here and set up a booth on Honolulu Avenue this June just for fun…? :)

6. Teddy said,

January 20, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I bet Meggie draws all sorts of folks to your booth!

7. art tea life said,

January 22, 2010 at 9:44 pm

gosh we are up there on honolulu every weekend, and I just WISH they had a booth as sweet as yours !

nope, no way

Yum. COME BACK COME BACK !

ooo and I guess you know by now

We are NOT running around open toed and sleeveless.

oh no, as a matter of fact, your old neck of the woods also has SNOW.

yep. I was there this morning.

brrrrrr

F R O S T Y

l.a.y.e.r.s.

8. art tea life said,

January 22, 2010 at 9:47 pm

man !

I was just pouring over photos

all the details

good grief that was ALOT of work to set up !

I WANT THAT LIL TABLE IN THE FIRST PHOTO