10.14.08

Show and Tell

Posted in Main, Sharing the Handmade Love at 9:47 pm by carrie

I have a new obsession… these rosettes. I purchased 100 of them in various colors and I’m hand painting, glittering and glitz-ifying each one.

Their purpose? You ask… well… I just think they are neat-o and you can hang them from anywhere, including:
A wreath, package, tree, door, picture, pet, wall, garland, mantel, refrigerator, gift, lamp, cardigan sweater, your prize-winning goat, a chandelier, a shelf… the possibilities… well, I guess they end at some point… but you get the picture. I think it’s genius.

Did I mention I got a lot of them? (They’ll be on the website for sale in about 2 days)

And my workspace in my office is finally looking like a workspace… it’s a mess!

But these are fun pics of art supplies all in a row…

And I’m trying out this new organizing method called the slip method, which is along the lines of the Getting Things Done methodology. Alicia introduced me to it. Naturally, I looked at the pretty pictures, read a few paragraphs then ran out to buy sheets of cork to make my own bulletin boards. What does Jared say… that he has the attention span of an infant? I’m in that boat. I have no idea if what I’ve done here is along the lines of the GTD method, but… I like it.

I made 5 rows of pockets. Each pocket represents a day. I then made little slips representing tasks (this is sounding like deal a meal, isn’t it?).

So, I have slips representing Violet Cottage business, one “open house” because I’m going to look at a house, The Hair and Face lounge for a haircut, Dr. Phil telling me to clean my house, a vacuum cleaner and duster for specific cleaning chores etc.

I should point out I have more slips and usually my weeks are fuller… it was a bad example :) But, I also have little post office slips, grocery store slips with room for making a tiny list, bill paying slips, one with a dog on it to remind me to give Meg her monthly revolution stuff, pictures of our friends if we are meeting with them etc etc. So, at a glance, in our world of logos, I know what the week holds :) It’s like the Nascar of chore boards.

I’m behind on art journaling, but it’s because I’m making a mess with glitter award ribbons… and loving it :)

Happy Wednesday to all!

1. Kristina Lynch said,

October 14, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Oooh!!! So pretty! I want a turq and green one :) Curious about the organization methods…but where are the pretty pictures on how to do it? All I saw on the links were lots of words and my gnat like attention span seized up upon first glance… did you get the book? Are there pretty pictures in there?
    The site looks amazing and I love your handmade business cards! Beautiful!!! Send me a few so I can direct people your way “) I’m setting up all our business cards at the shows and dropping them in peoples bags. Starting my own little mailing list too! I actually had two people sign it last event! Doesn’t sound like a lot but it sure gave me a boost “)
    Happy glittering!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
    K

2. Kim E. said,

October 15, 2008 at 7:28 am

Carrie,

Pretty ribbons! That looks like a fun project. Good luck with the organizing project too. I been trying to get organized for the last 42 yrs. and I’ve made minimal progress.

Kim

3. Allison said,

October 16, 2008 at 8:37 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the rosettes – the girls MUST have one!!!

Is there a slip with my picture on it? We need to see each other monthly if not more!!!!!!

Im in the “queen city” all week – aka Charlotte. Have you and Nate been down here? Its a HUGE city. I think you would LOVE it – and its only a 2 hour drive. I have 9 meetings this week – today i take off at 1 for Wilkesboro by the mountains – its supposedly gorgeous! looking forward to it. Im home Friday night.

xoxoxo

4. LoLa EnChAnTeD said,

October 16, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Oh those are really pretty!!! I have to say, I really like your workspace!

5. Carol said,

October 17, 2008 at 10:44 am

Have you found any new favorite shops over there? Home decor stores, craft stores… It would be great if you’d give us the Grand Tour of your new home town! :)

6. Art Tea Life said,

October 17, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Well I am behind on your blog !

Office ? Suite ? VIOLET COTTAGE ???

so much happens when not looking !

And this board….something to think about

At first I said : Oh reallllly MARTHA !

and then I thought about it ….

This is not a bad idea ! In fact it’s growing on me quite a bit.

I LOVE IT!

Youuuuuuu……..Smarty Britches.

7. lucy said,

October 17, 2008 at 10:54 pm

wow! looks like you are definitely in your creative groove lately from the new website, your journal pages, rosettes, your fun studio space and more! you seem like you have an endless amount of energy, where do you get it all???!!!!

8. Tina said,

October 23, 2008 at 8:35 pm

oh..one thing I just thought of for the rossettes..I can soo see them pinned on either side of a gauzy swag in a little girls room..now wouldn’t that be cute?

9. cathy said,