03.13.08

Tiny update…

Posted in Main at 9:29 pm by carrie

We found our rental home in Cary, North Carolina! I’ve been stressing trying to find a place and finally, something came through… we will not be homeless come this April!

I’m in love with this kitchen! It’s so big… and has a huge pantry!! And the yard… it is perfect. Not pictured is our garden tub and other rooms with trey ceilings and tons of windows. So much granite, hard wood flooring and natural light… it’s so neat-o! And the area is chock-full of nature preserves, parks, new malls and shopping… OH, and a Trader Joe’s with ample parking just went in a few miles north. Again, if you come out and visit make sure to contact me so I can show you around :) I’m already getting a guest book together for our guest room… I’m just going to assume we’ll need to schedule dates since so many friends want to come check it out ;)

I’m still recovering from the whirlwind craziness of getting the store closed up (And all the lifting… my back is certainly sore!)… after I’m organized and finally figure out when Easter is (And all the birthdays and events this month!), I’ll let you all know when the fun flea market/yard sale is!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments and emails :) I really do appreciate the time you have taken to say how much Violets are Blue has meant to you… I’m going to print and save those comments forever… in a scrapbook somewhere :) Thank you!!

Lastly, the website is down for now until we get settled, but I’ll keep everyone posted on the new things going into the store! Please check back… for updates and pictures from our new adventure!

Oh, and Happy Spring! Hasn’t it been just gorgeous so far :)?? What are those amazing pink trees everywhere that are in bloom?? I never claimed to have a green thumb!

1. Art Tea Life said,

March 13, 2008 at 10:56 pm

heyyy FANTASTIC HOUSE !

Where’z My Room ?

April – gulp – that is right around the corner. BIG GULP – holding back tears…not going to do it…yet……b-b-b-b-but….it’s hard.

Must have been a huge load off of your mind to know you have a place ready to go to.

We sure have had some amazing weather. The flowers look like JUNE has arrived. Lucky lucky lucky.

I know the name of those trees…and it is making me crazy to not remember it right now – BUT ! I will probably remember at 3 a.m. and sit straight up in bed and blurt it out ! Wont that be great. Thanks for that. I am going to CALL YOU ! Seed Planter , You. Who says you don’t have a Green Thumb ?

Love, S

2. Art Tea Life said,

March 14, 2008 at 12:02 am

ohP ! it just came to me

CREPE MYRTLE

I had just turned out the light and was snuggled down on the pillow and
    boom CREPE MYRTLE – so I said ” I gotta go in there and tell her” . T. thinks I am crazy. He’s right. But at least I will sleep now.

Love, S

3. Jan said,

March 14, 2008 at 7:35 am

House looks great. My oldest and her family fled to NC, 3 years ago. They really love it. Her name is Carrie, too. They settled in Clayton, outside of Raleigh. Have a great move.

4. Arleen said,

March 15, 2008 at 11:54 am

You may be thinking of cherry blossom trees, which bloom in California in February and March. The trees blossom in one of three colors: white, light pink, and deep pink. I love them, too, and just wrote about them in my blog! (http://thetearoom.typepad.com/the_tea_room/)

Your new home is beautiful!

~ Arleen

5. Cindy said,

March 16, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Wow, Carrie! What a gorgeous home to begin a new life in! I am so excited for you!

6. Helena Hinz said,

March 18, 2008 at 8:33 am

If that is the rental I want to get a load of when you buy. The kitchen is fierce. Have a great time moving in and enjoying the new digs. It is all so roomy.

7. Jody said,

March 18, 2008 at 10:13 pm

It’s so pretty! I have a girlfriend who just moved to that area of the country and loves, loves, loves it. Doesn’t regret for a moment that she left Florida to go there. I’m sure you’ll love it too.

8. Tina in Santa Monica said,

March 19, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Opps. Left you a comment on the giveaway blog/page as did a couple of others.
    Love the house and good luck to you. NC is a great place to live. Let me know when you get to Asheville.
    -Tina