05.31.07

Sometimes…

Posted in business-a-go-go, Classes/Workshops, Main, Mind Wanderings at 12:51 pm by carrie

I wish I had a camera strapped to my head, able to take pictures at a moment’s notice in any direction.

Why? you ask…

Because the oddest little man just poked his head in the door of the shop, was examining the bell tied to the door on a ribbon and tried to STEAL it. He looked up at me, I shook my head “no” like I would at our Golden Retreiver (who would GET it, too) and he carefully looked at the bell again, then slowly closed the door and slinked away. I want to name him Rumplestiltzkin… he looked like what I think he would look like… etcetera. Or, Magpie… since obviously he likes shiney things.

What I really came here to blog about is OUR CLASSES! YAY!!! As I type, our first class is in full swing! :) Yippee!

Here is our class schedule (You can also find the permanent link living on the top right of this page)

Whimsical Workshop Class Schedule as of May 17, 2007 – Please check back for updates!

Thursday, May 31st
12:00 noon – 2:00 PM – $45.00
Artist Trading Card Workshop with Susan Thornton
Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Saturday, June 2nd
2:00 pm – 4:00 PM – $45.00
Memory Glass Pendant/Brooch Workshop with Rachael Doudrick
Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Thursday, June 7th
1:00 pm – 3:00 PM – $45.00
Memory Glass Pendant/Brooch Workshop with Rachael Doudrick
Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Saturday, June 9th
1:00 pm – 4:00 PM – $45.00
Collage Art Box, Purse & Tags Workshop with Maylene Au
Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Saturday, June 16th
1:00 pm – 4:00 PM – $60.00
Tin Faire House Workshop with Tyn Atol
Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Saturday, June 23rd
2:00 pm – 5:00 PM – $55.00
Tiny Book Necklace Workshop with Rachael & Sharon
Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Saturday, July 7th
1:00 pm – 4:00 PM – $50.00
Fast & Fun Picture Frame Workshop with Tyn Atol
Please click here for more information and to sign up!

Coming soon… Artful Shadow Boxes, instructed by Joe Carrion and Soap making 101: the basics, instructed by Carrie Hannegan and much more! :)

So, what are you waiting for?!? :) Sign up and meet some awesome people… and have a vintage soda pop! :) We can only accomodate 4 crafters at a time, so space is limited!

So much more to blog about… after I get through paperwork central, I’m SO going to bombard everyone with more stuff! Happy Thursday to all!

1. art tea life said,

May 31, 2007 at 9:51 pm

T & I are reading this while sitting in The Sierras on a little getaway….we laughed so much at your description of the saga with The Little Man. You described it so well ! GOOD GRIEF you get some characters !

“N O” ((((shaking your head)))))

Laughing again.

Ohhh I did some lanterns. Will blog them when I get home.

Are you ready to start selling lanterns ???? I was wondering if people will come knocking for lanterns to decorate w/ vintage wallpaper packs !

Thank you again. What a FUN project (tell your Mom)

The Art Room is great ! Loved it !

See you soon.

L/S

2. art tea life said,

May 31, 2007 at 9:53 pm

hopefully ” I – did – some – lanterns” will not be misconstrued here….

3. mom2fur said,

June 1, 2007 at 8:21 am

That is too funny! Guy musta been a klepto…trying to steal that bell right in front of you! I would have loved to have seen that exchange.
    Good luck with your classes!

4. sandy said,

June 1, 2007 at 9:43 am

wow girl..you’re moving along like great guns!!!!
    i soo wanna do a class.. but will have to wait for my hectic month of June to be over with!!
    Im excited for you guys.. these classes will be a huge hit!!! ;)

and.. love your little guy story.. how odd.. what a character! keep your camera at the desk! lol

hugs..
    sandy

5. Barbara said,

June 1, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Hi Sandy!

I had so much fun with you at the Artist Trading Card workshop at Carrie’s playing with glitter, scissors, little bits of paper, rickrack, odd little illustrations and glue sticks! I haven’t done enough of that lately — need to do that to balance out that side of me.

I can’t wait to see the paper lanterns you made! I loved your idea of using vintage wallpapers. I’d definitely love to attend that class. With all of those colorful orbs hanging over our heads in the Whimsical Workshop room that day, you just couldn’t help looking up at them and wondering hmmmmm…wonder what we could embellish those puppies with. It seems if something’s not moving, it definitely needs some doo-dads, glitter and affection applied to it.

Hope to see you again at another creative session!

Thank you Carrie! I’ll see you Saturday at Rachael’s Memory Glass Brooch workshop. Yes, I love your idea…I definitely think I need an Apolo Anton Ohno brooch.:) (no-I am NOT o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with him)

~Barbara

6. art tea life said,

June 2, 2007 at 8:35 am

…Barbara ! YOUuuuu are supposed to be teaching the lantern class…REMEMBER ? (laughing)

I had a very nice time meeting you too !

Look forward to seeing you again.

Like…in Your Lantern Makeover Class ?

xo-S

7. Alexandra said,

June 4, 2007 at 8:24 am

I have to say, that after re-visiting this posting, it struck me that the whole strange-man wanting to steal the bell situation would make a most interesting children’s story… illustrated, of course.

Of course, you probably wouldn’t have time to do this, but what an interesting charcter he’d make. A Bell Troll — or even better… The Bell Burglar!

8. Colleen said,

June 5, 2007 at 7:15 am

LOVE the fairy ones. If I were anywhere near you, I’d sign up in a second! Still waiting for a Chicago store ;)

9. deborah said,

June 5, 2007 at 11:33 am

How’s about setting up a virtual class?

Oh, and by the way, I hired that guy to do that, just so I can feel involved…

10. Barbara said,

June 6, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Hi Sandy,

Oh, yeah! That’s right! But I think we should tag-team-teach the Paper Lantern Makeover Class since you have some really fabulous ideas!! You won’t be able to even get into the classroom — it will be so full of ideas. ;)

Barbara

11. Tyn said,

June 6, 2007 at 10:27 pm

The bell thief cracks me up!!! The classes look so great- I am excited to be there! :)

12. Tyn said,

June 6, 2007 at 10:31 pm

p.s. those pics of the fairy house are great! I can never get them to look that good in photos, sooooo, I am stealing your photo of my fairy house for my blog. I hope that’s o.k. :)

13. Diane Duda said,

June 7, 2007 at 5:42 am

I love you little old man/thief story. We have an old guy that walks around town who has magnets sewn all over his clothing and on his hat… those colorful alphabet magnets that you use when your kids are learning to spell. NOw I’m wondering if he doesn’t sneak into houses at night and swipe them off of people’s fridges.

14. heidi said,

June 8, 2007 at 5:28 am

hi carrie –

thanks for your e-mail…i’ve been by your little world here before, just wonderful!

15. deb said,

June 9, 2007 at 5:58 am

Carrie! those classes look fabulous!!

16. lucy said,

June 9, 2007 at 7:34 pm

How I wish I could attend one of your classes! They all look like a lot of fun :) Great idea to host them at your shop!

lucy

17. The Glitter Fairy said,

June 11, 2007 at 6:41 am

Hi Carrie,
    Have so enjoyed reading your blog and , although I can only see it in pictures, all your hard work in setting up your shop was WELL WORTH IT!!! What a phenominal place of wonder and of course, glitter!!!!! Wish I didn’t live so far away! Congratulations on following your dream and creating such a beautiful space full of such amazing stuff. I will look forward to reading of your latest adventures!
    Glitteringly yours,