02.28.07

The rest of the Springy-ness :)

Posted in Main, sidenotes at 1:59 am by carrie

I’m feeling quite lucky… every time I put a good display together, I sell the piece of furniture right under its nose :) So, in the spirit of being able to purchase more fun pieces, I give you… new springy themed displays! (Thank you for indulging me yet once again! hehe!)

The whole of the Easter display is overwhelming… I have things draping from the ceiling and little bunnies and ornaments everywhere… a picture just didn’t make sense, I instantly wanted to look for Waldo. There are two pictures from the baby section and two pictures from part of the jewelry section… just to mix it up a bit :)

I’m happy to report the store taxes are almost done and most paperwork is complete! I think I should write that in German, too… Die Schreibarbeit ist erfolgt! There, it feels even MORE real now! There’s something about German to give you a warm, fuzzy, concrete feeling inside.

It’s been quite cold outside… we’ve been doing a lot of walking while bundled up in layers of shirts and puffy jackets. The dog loves it. Most of the time, we aim for a beverage hut as our half-way point (i.e… Starbucks or Coffee Bean) to reward ourselves with ample calories. The pup gets a cup of the “good” water and we hike back home. I love cold weather… it’s comforting :)

Not the best picture, but here’s today’s sunset. Cloudy and bluey-purple up top with reddish-pink light coming through. Crisp. California sure is swell :)

Please think a happy thought for our friend Wendy who passed away this Sunday morning… Her family and friends are surrounded by so much love right now, but I’m sure they could use a little more :)

1. Jackie said,

February 28, 2007 at 8:48 am

What amazing displays – they are so cute I hardly know what to do!! Easter and Spring are so much fun! Sending good wishes to your friend’s family.

2. Graycee said,

February 28, 2007 at 9:49 am

The displays are beautiful! I’ll see you later today to say ‘hi’ . . . I have a hair appointment. :-)

3. deb said,

March 1, 2007 at 6:04 am

Carrie.. it’s just gorgeous! I wish so much I could come visit your shop! I just noticed that you have scalloped crown molding! Everything looks wonderful and I LOVE that you show us your displays!

And so sorry to hear about your friend Wendy. My thoughts are with you and her family.

4. Babette said,

March 1, 2007 at 10:05 am

Gorgeous. You should win some kind of merchandising award for your ultra-creative displays. It could be called the “die Ware” …which is German for “merchandise.”

5. Zabrina said,

March 1, 2007 at 4:38 pm

How cute!!! I love the Easter display! So full of colors and joy. Pretty shop you own. Is it somewhere near Hollywood? Just wondering…because I am going there soon.

6. Colleen said,

March 2, 2007 at 9:24 am

Your store and displays are so beautiful, its like looking at pictures of a really great dream :)

Good thoughts out to your friend’s family, so sorry to hear that :(

7. Jill said,

March 3, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Your displays are simply charming – very spring-like. In the second photo I saw my FAVORITE candy – the little oval tins of violets. Now I know where I can find them when World Market doesn’t have any!

8. cutesypoo said,

March 4, 2007 at 11:34 am

wow what a lovely store!
    I adore your style the store really looks delicious!

I will have to drop in when i am in LA.

9. Lilli said,

March 6, 2007 at 11:43 am

OK, these pastel views just make me so happy :)

10. sunshine said,

March 13, 2007 at 8:31 am

you have a very lovely store